This year I've been making a list of American expressions that I've heard casually thrown into an otherwise Dutch conversation/TV show. I've heard/overheard all of these expressions used within a Dutch conversation at least twice in these past nine months:
Wait a minute
Welcome to the real world
Drop and give me twenty
Do [this] they said. It’ll be fun they said.
Trust me I’m an engineer
You go girl
Kick some butt
Bullshit
"That is" the spirit
What’s up?
Karma’s a bitch
In "de" middle of nowhere
Worst case scenario
Dream team
"Voor" no reason
It takes two to tango
Just in case
Take one for the team
Wait a minute
Welcome to the real world
Drop and give me twenty
Do [this] they said. It’ll be fun they said.
Trust me I’m an engineer
You go girl
Kick some butt
Bullshit
"That is" the spirit
What’s up?
Karma’s a bitch
In "de" middle of nowhere
Worst case scenario
Dream team
"Voor" no reason
It takes two to tango
Just in case
Take one for the team
Comments
Post a Comment