Bucket List

At the DOC we had to create bucket lists for the year. I'm trying to have little to no expectations for this year. I want to make the most of the opportunities presented to me and have the best time possible without being let down. That being said, this is a list of things I hope to be able to do at some point this year. I don't want to do all of them, but they all interest me. It feels like a good time to post it because I'm actually starting to feel like I live here, rather than just being here.

Things to Accomplish:
  • Speaking near-fluent Dutch
  • Riding a bike without my hands
  • Doing that thing where you start your bike with your left foot on the pedal and then you kick with your right foot until you have enough momentum to swing your leg over
  • Meeting as many new people as possible, creating worldly connections
Things to see:
 In the Netherlands:
  • Amsterdam
    • Anne Frank House
    • Van Gogh Museum
    • Museum of Prostitution
  • Haarlem 
  • Delft
  • Maastricht 
  • Den Haag
  • Gouda Kaasmaarkt
  • Tulip Festival
  • Carnival
  • As many concerts as possible ;)
Abroad:
  •   Eurotour (should be around June 10th-June 22thish)
    • Netherlands (Amsterdam)
    • Germany (Berlin)
    • Austria (Vienna)
    • Italy (Venice)
    • France (Paris)
    • Belgium (Brussles)
  • If possible I'd also like to see
    • A German Christmas festival
    • Luxembourg  
I don't expect to be able to do everything, but I'm open to every new experience and doing as much as I can. Whether I'm in Giethoorn or Texel or Lelystad, I'll be making the most of it :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Home

Monthly Report 10: May