I will still skiing in the French Alps when May began. When I got home I was greeted by three lovely new editions to our family: three baby chicks. Though still un-named they've been a delightful additional presence in the house. As you all should know this month was also Mother's Day, which they also celebrate here. I was blessed with a double-mother's day! I helped my eldest host brother make my host mom a special breakfast. Then the two of us went off on a girls day to an orchid garden. The orchid garden had far more than just orchids however, and also had monkeys, flamingos, lemurs, giant catfish, a butterfly garden, and a parrot sanctuary. It was a wonderful little day. And, of course, I got to make a long phone will the momma #1, the amazed and blessed woman I could never replace. The orchid garden wasn't the only little trip I made this month. My host mom enjoys traveling and is always enthusiastic about taking me to new places. Early in the month...
Comments
Post a Comment